Monday, November 03, 2003

It's not every week that you find yourself crying buckets for the first half and then laughing till your sides split in the second half. I'm not completely ok. I won't ever be completely ok. You guys have been wonderful, but I just don't want to talk... let me live in de nile for awhile.
My friends here have been absolutely wonderful as well
// Thank you Cheryl for appearing at my door like a miracle and suggesting we go guy-hunting! You're such a dear even though you're the most boy-crazy mauritian girl I have ever met!//
And my Malaysian and Singapore kakis have just no idea how much they've helped me just LIVE this week! It's been a crazy crazy week spent...

... playing table tennis after dinner
"The keganasan of Soha vs the Lotus Palm of Amar"
"What's the point of playing if Soha's only aim is to kill Amar?"
"Who's got Zi Ming's balls?" *Loud howling laughter* "I meant the PING PONG balls!!"

... singing along to the piano
"Charlotte, play your signature tune!" Me: "But I've had enough of Vanessa Carlton!!! That's the 3rd person I've taught it to!!!"
(n.b. Zi Ming is the first army scholar I know who has an incredible ear for the piano and can sing!! Luke Goh should be ashamed!)

... walking to High Street Kensington at 11pm in the rain and ending up at McDonalds

... watching Ring 2 in Amar's room
"AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"
Me: "What the..."
"No, no... it's just that in the dark with your long hair you look like Sadako... and aaaahhh! Don't stare at me like that!!"

... auditioning for Malaysian Nite as the spoilt daughter of Aaron
"Eh, Charlotte is just so natural as a spoilt, rich brat"
Me: ????????????

... shopping for 5 hours at Selfridges with Amar
"4 hours and we've only covered the ground floor and basement? You're worse than a girl, do you know that Amar?"

... cooking chicken curry for several hungry Msians/Sporeans
"I think it's too sour"
Me: "Who told me to add one whole tub of yoghurt, huh? And you DARE complain its sour!!"

and that's not even the whole of it!!!