Saturday, November 22, 2003

A day in the life of an Ankh Morpork chorus girl

My name is Giselle, and I am a chorus girl. I am flirtatious, self-absorbed and imagine that I can dance and sing. In between rehearsals, which go all too well thanks to me no doubt, I am either incredibly busy preening and checking that my hair is in place and that my tutu emphasises my perky bum! I see things that aren't there... like the opera ghost, with his white face and holes where his eyes should be and he has NO NOSE!!! I scream at anything - fleeting ghostlike images, the chorus master's body hanging from the loft, Mr Salzella the director of music in a sword fight with Walter, the stage hand... and believe me, that is only just the start of what happens in opera.
And from the 3rd to the 6th of December I will be performing at the Union Concert Hall just for your pure entertainment!


When you've spent 6 hours rehearsing in one small room, your stage personality starts to play havoc on your mind.