Monday, November 10, 2003

I feel like a computing help desk today. I just ran up to Yi Shan's room, helped him to solve the assessment programming test. Then came back down to my room and spent half and hour on the phone answering programming questions from Soha. I swear if it wasn't because I actually like these people, there would be a few dead bodies lying around Linstead Hall right now.

I shall now pay homage to all computing help desk deities with their endless wisdom and patience that never wears thin, for their strength in keeping those swears and curses to themselves when incompetent non techies ask "Where's the ANY button?", for not hiring a sniper to shoot the incumbent fools who do not know of the existence of the HELP in their programs.

I think I need to take a bath to cool down... before I blow off the head of the next person who asks me to explain the use of declarations and assignments to them.