Tuesday, April 22, 2003

You think when you're 20 you'd remember not to do really stupid things like...
1. Wear a white T-shirt when it looks like rain and you're out jogging with a guy
2. Switch on my headlights at night... after driving for 10 minutes without them...
I was thinking about Singapore's allegations about our media as I was reading the Malay Mail today. Maybe they're right after all. But then again... they don't know that the Malay Mail is a tabloid. It's all a matter of misunderstanding. But then again, the Straits Times which is definitely NOT a Singaporean tabloid runs equally scandolous news on Malaysia. So what do *they* have to say about that?


And now the whole world is laughing
In its own cynical way
In the face of fear
Knowing it has betrayed
They fear not the guilt
The poor and weak know
They stand in whispers
From the laughter below

Hold out your hand
I'll reach out to touch
The heartache the spirits
All thrown in the dust
The ailing the lonely
As much as I can
Battle the laughter
The evil withstand

Give up not your children
Tell them hope's near
While money burns bright
No one is holier
Greed and revenge
Mingle and dance
The innocent watch aghast
At sin in its trance

Lead us not into what befalls
Take away hate, good neighbours call
Shed all that's earthly
Gaze at the sky
Watch the same stars
God made so bright
Know there is love
Know there is care
We won't despair
We know God's really there.

Wrote this when I was in form 4, very active in CB, and still strong in my faith. I want to believe I still believe... especially in times like these