Monday, April 28, 2003

Bits and pieces

Last night's icq conversation with Anushia (slightly modified):
Baby Seal: wei i just printing my assginment gonna sleep soon got test tomolo liao. :-( i die oredi
Me: haiyah... u say that about EVERY test!! you WON'T die!!!
Baby Seal: i am gonna .... study in 2 days ok.. damn freaked oredi
Me: er... calm down you've gotta realise tt every exam is not the end of the world. if it was.... anu, you must have a real knack of reincarnating everytime! I think ur the best drama queen when it comes to exam hysterics... they really should have an academy award for your category!
**// Thinks to self: If they really did have such a category, Anushia would have won it 5 years in a row, and proceed to make Oscar history by winning it throughout every year of her Medical Student life! //**

What is your signature colour?
I took the test at emode and the result is...

**breathes deeply**

CHIFFON PINK???!!!!
Oh come on! Me? Have I become synonymous with ballet barbie, cotton candy and Baby Spice? Or have I just been living in denial all this while thinking I am some sardonic sarcastic b*tch... I'm leading a delusional life!
btw... I took the "How Passionate are You?" test too... I've had imaginary fangs all this while...

Plastic Perfection
I have had an overdose of articles on plastic surgery that it's beginning to freak me out. ABC has a new reality show called Extreme Makeover (read about it at my all time favourite reality news online) where
//quote//
ABC takes the makeover show to the extreme when they provide two women with a variety of plastic surgery to take care of lips, eyes, breasts, stomachs, teeth, and more! Why just go in for a new hairstyle when you can get a whole new body?
//unquote//
Interesting... plastic surgery is becoming entertainment! Then in yesterday's Malay Mail I read an article about men who were image conscious enough to face the surgeons scalpel. Honestly I couldn't tell the difference between the before and after photos... slight diffrences that drinking loads of water and having the right amount of sleep could repair without needing pain killers! And today in Marie Claire (erm... do not ask me why I am reading women's magazines but due to boring hours of waiting for my mum's line dancing classes to be over I can now tell you the entire contents of Cleo, Women's Weekly... and what's that other magazine called again?), I read an article on women paying thousands of pounds (a complete face job could put me through 2 years of university!) just to have that perfect nose and ironed out skin!
Well! I foresee having many artificial looking colleagues who gather around the coffee pot to talk about "Lisa's doctor is just a wonder! Did you see how he made those nose to mouth lines disappear?" and "God bless the man who invented Botox!" (hmm... it could have been a woman). And just as I adamantly will not rebond my hair to look different from my svelte college mates with long iron-straight hair... I believe in say about 40 years, I might just stand out from the mass of plastic clones as the only one with real dimples, double eyelids and laugh lines!

Word on the tip of my tongue
Dulcinea - meaning sweetheart


Have you ever felt
Anger seep through you
Like Blood
Seeping through
The welcoming fibres
Of an unoffensive
White, blank, sheet
Painting you red
A boiling fury
Of Red
Just Red
While your heart longs to cry