Sunday, April 20, 2003

Happy Easter! Hallelujah! I can eat meat again!
Alright... that was rather out of context, but I have the right to rejoice after surviving only on fish and vegetables for the past 40 days. And it wasn't just me. My whole family decided to give up red meat for Lent... so for over a month my wonderful mum who came up with a million ways to cook tofu fed us on green stuff and seafood.
So after 40 days my brother was ready to pounce on a huge rib eye steak... but as circumstances had to be... our favourite steak house closes on Sundays, so Dad took us to... *groan*... a SEAFOOD restaurant! But never mind, they had very good pig knuckles.
I'll pass on the tofu, thank you!

Lion City Report 20/04/02: Not even a pinprick aimed at our good neighbour down south today. Highlights? Uncle Goh's speech on how SARS is going to kill Singapore. One thing I respect about that man is that he knows he can say "In Singapore's context, like it or not, people understand fines" without flinching. Read more here

1st January 2000

I can hear a silent cry in the night
So soft it's deafening
Yet its brilliant masked face stares at me
As it tries to convince me
It has rustic charm
That it holds an untouched, unstained
Millenium in its hands
A lighted doorway
For mankind to enter
But I in my disbelief
Brush it off
Like an inferior speck of dust
And as I move away, it glowers
And bursts into one or two sparkles
Cheap glamour
It has conned the weak
Into believing it's all worth something
But I won't be taken in
I'll wait for the authentic
I'll wait another year

Everyone knows the 'authentic' Millenium is really 1st January 2001. Oh fine. Dispute it. I don't care. Never knew what the whole hype about the Millenium was anyway