Monday, April 07, 2003

*OH*MY*GOSH* (Imagine this in squeaky Janice-ala-FRIENDS-fame voice) Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! Its been 14 hours and I think I'm still dreaming. Did I read that right? The part that said 'we look forward to seeing you at Brown'? I've been accepted into an Ivy League! Me? That's my name on the letter, right? Albeit it says Charlotte S. Yeow... albeit the post man said "I have a parcel for Charles...erm...Tee Yeoh?" It's me! They actually want me! Even though I wrote in my application that the one reason I wanted to go to Brown is because the name Providence just thrills me! Call me in a few days... I think I would have gotten over the exhilaration and hot-air-balloon headedness by then. If not, you can read about Brown University yourself right here *nudge* less than 5 Malaysians are accepted into Brown every year. Ok, ok I'm sorry! Just let me enjoy my moment for awhile!
By the way I'm also floating about 10 cm off the ground because Greg got posted into Officer Cadet School and I'm just so proud of him! Besides, army guys in that white polished OCS uniform are such a big turn on in comparison to the grubby common green everyone else wears.


There ain't such a thing
As a summer breeze
We learn the hard way
So fast, so please
Tell the world that
Innocence ain't a shield
It pierced me harder
Than an ultra violet beam
Darkness covers its ugly skin
And pretends to be your friend

My favourite line everytime I made a huge mistake in my life used to be "But I was young then!". Maggie will attest to that. Ironic that I've had to learn through experience that experience *is* life's true teacher