Saturday, April 26, 2003

I finally got my lazy bum off my lazy chair to book tickets for 'The Complete Works of William Shakespeare'... comedy style. I missed it when I was in Singapore (the Arts students didn't tell me about it and the Engineering faculty students never take their noses out of their text books). Anyway, I *have* to relate this incident with my little sister (13 yrs) because it was just so amusing!
sis: Why are we going to watch Shakespeare? What is it about?
me: erm... you know er... Romeo and Juliet?
sis: Yeah I know! Are they going to say the poem in my literature text book?
me: What poem?
sis: Life's Brief Candle?
me: You mean, out, out brief candle?
sis: Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow
me: er... yeah... that one....
sis: And what else is going to happen
me: Well... other plays. You know like Twelfth Night?
sis: er...
me: The play I did for SPM lit...
sis: huh?
me: The one about the twins! Where the girl dresses up as a boy!
sis: Oh!! I know that one... there... (points to picture of Gwyneth Paltrow in the newspapers). She acted in it right?
me: erm... NO!!!
sis: yeah! She did! I saw!
me: That was Shakespeare in Love!
sis: oh, got what else?
me: Midsummers Nights Dream
sis: *blank look*
me: The one that Ally Macbeal person acted in
sis: oh... with the donkey!
me: er yes... and then there's Love's Labours Lost
sis: er...
me: The one that Alicia Silverstone acted in...
sis: oh... boring...
me: And there will be Hamlet, Macbeth, Merchant of Venice...
sis: Hamlet?
me: "To be or not to be?"
sis: I know that one!!
me: Ok good! You're all ready to watch Shakespeare next Thursday
sis: See! I told kor-kor (elder brother) I know all about Shakespeare!
Sigh... if it wasn't for the fact that we are eerily almost duplicates in looks, I'd swear she was adopted!

I want time to fly
While I sleep and let the world
Pass by
I want time to fly
So I'll wake up in another phase
Of my life
I want time to fly
Because I don't want to deal
With today
I want time to fly
I want to fly with it before its
too late
Fly past these numbers
Theories and dates
Fly pass these tests
The worry and fate
Fly away from it all
Past the barrier of sound
But my wings cannot fly
They are pinned to the ground

16/09/2000

I hate studying for exams. Sometimes I want time to fast forwards so that everything will be over and at the same time I want time to rewind so that I can gain back all those minutes I wasted dilly-dallying over mundane things like clipping my toe nails and not studying. I'm a born procrastinator... and I have NEVER been fully prepared for any test I've sat for in my life (except Modern Math which was a brain dead subject).