Monday, March 10, 2003

Finally back to mundane life after my brief hiatus down south to Singapore. It's still there...hasn't sunk...and yes it still has running water (Malaysian water *ahem*). Give them a break won't you? Until I find funny purple blotches on my skin and lose my liver, I won't complain about drinking Singapore's Newater (recycled water for the uninitiated).

I received my results and they were just as I expected. My joy was momentary though, when I saw others (I mean Singaporeans) breaking down and crying all around me. On further enquiry, I found their results were equivalent to mine... which threw me into a state of confusion as to whether I should be wearing a smile or turning my result slip into pulp with my tears. Thank goodness, Grace appeared like a ray of sunshine and announced her results (similar to mine) with a grin! Whew! I was very tempted to see what my Physics teacher had to say about my D materialising into an A in physics but Greg distracted me with his all too perfect results! Is it strange to be over ecstatic about somebody else's results? Because I'm elated and extremely proud of him to the point that I couldn't care about my own not so perfect results! And it's not because I got treated to a no limit sushi dinner after that *grin*


Body Art

I know they see me
But they pretend they don't
Oh yes, they cover the eyes of their children
as they pass me

I know they see
The tatoos down my bare back and arms
My ears, nose, eyebrows, tongue and belly button
Deformities they say
Those silver rings were meant for
a wedding finger
Not there

But my hands would never wear
That elegant ring and glove
Naild that are coloured with colours
Of disastrous motives

There's yet my hair

If they could call it hair
I don't think so
More like spikes
Coloured spikes
Which would make a hedgehog blush

Yes, I know they try not to see me
But I see them
Underneath their clothes
Their bare white skin
Like an art sheet, blank
Screaming to be coloured
But they can't hear the wails
Only my kind can

31/7/97

Piercing was all the rage at that time. Last Wednesday I actually screwed up enough courage to go to a piercing parlour with Charmaine. I think a pierced navel is really sexy... although Greg thinks a pierced tongue supercedes it. Unfortunately the cost of piercing in Singapore would exceed RM100!! So sigh... no alluring Britney Spears lookalike navel... and those plastic models of pierced nipples... OUCH!!! gross!!