Tuesday, March 25, 2003

I didn't finish yesterday's blog because a giant cockroach was crawling on the wall next to me and so I freaked out, switched off the comp, and ran for cover. Stop laughing! I know I'm not the only person who's mortally afraid of cockroaches! I'm not sure what about cockroaches invokes a wave of panic in me such that it's instinct to turn and run. It's not really a phobia, like my phobia of capsizing and not being able to get my butt out of the kayak fast enough. It could be a girly thing - the natural tendency in females to scream at the sight of creepy crawlies. Or it could just be silly to analyse it because everyone is entitled to their fears! It's human.
No I'm not talking about the cockroaches!


Here I am feeling all alone
Crossing twilight zones
On icey hills
The silence is too demanding
I'm compeled to just listening
To a heart beat
A lonesome heart beat
Hidden by an unrealistic blizzard
Oh can you hear it?
I know you can't feel it
Not you and your callous fingers
And blunt heart
But you can, you can
listen, listen, listen
Do you hear... love?