Friday, March 21, 2003

I just watched Tambaqui win immunity on Survivor in the Amazon. I'm all smiles. Sorry, but I think Tambaqui happens to be the nicer team even though I think Rob is quite a scheming hottie.
Well, the war on Iraq has begun. I've been glued to BBC for most of the day (I say there's more crap on CNN and anyway, that British accent is just dah-ling!). I was rather amused at the way Britain got miffed at Bush for not taking them aside first and saying "Hey we're gonna drop the missiles on Baghdad like right now since Saddam's deadline is up, so you with us? Yeah?" and instead went ahead and then Bush comes on TV and wakes Blair up from his beauty sleep. I'm pretty torn about this war. I've got a 'Give Peace a Chance' sticker on my car but I know if the US doesn't bring Saddam down, it might hurt us all in the long run. Then today I find out that Singapore has joined the coalition and there's a long, loud, hollow scream rendering through my head. Why are they doing this when they're surrounded by Islamic countries? How safe is Singapore going to be? What's going to happen to my poor darling in the army? Why do they have to always bloody suck up to the Americans? I have no answers. I'm facing a wall...


Is it too dangerous to claim you?
Would I be fooling myself if I said you were mine?
I'd be insane, but it's causing a pain
Deep inside of me
Time is turning in a world we can't even
call our own anymore
But would the pain increase if I gave my
heart to you?
The danger of untrusting transparent
passion
So vague, so misty
Yet I'd risk walking that line!