Sunday, March 23, 2003

You only realise some things after having lived for 2 decades
1. It takes 2 trips to the toilet to be able to down 800 ml of mango juice
2. People who bullied you back in primary school will still enjoy making you feel 3 feet high even though you've definitely grown half a foot since standard 6.
3. The one's you least expect to see after leaving primary school, secondary school, sunday school, etc... are the one's you are STILL meeting up with. And your 'good friends' back then? Where the hell are they now?
Two friends took me down to Kepong last night (after a hell-raising ride in a car I believed was falling apart) for some drinks and just a good ol' chat. When I first met these guys, the feeling of 'I can't stand you' was probably mutual. But 5, 6, 7 years later we're talking and laughing as if the past had been one big joke all along.
Sometimes I think that there's no straight forward recipe for friends. Maybe it's true... there's no such things as strangers. Just friends who haven't met.


What more could I ask than a thousand dreams from you?
Would you stifle creation or imagination, is that you?
Would you keep me locked in a gilded cage?
Hide my wings and keep the key?
And Banish all my ideas of faith?

What more can I ask, not the stars above from you
What more can I want, not the oceans wild and blue
What more can I need, not visions of dreams come true
What more can you give... nothing
just true love would do

What more could you give me than
The answers to lost whispers
The sound of the empty void of hope still lingers
I ask more of you, what no one else can do
To feel my wings and fly
To reach up for my sky

All the spot lights have shone on the wrong people
Before me the world has grown savage and so wild
But will you find the light with me?
Learn to know simplicity?
What more could I ask but for the
innocent love of a child?

24/10/98

No comments. I only vaguely remember why I wrote this. Just one of those days that I was tired of conforming to everyone's ideas about me. I wear too many masks... I have too many walls... sometimes I'm just tired of it all