Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Was just talking to Sachpal about my mp3 playlist and he said 'You're growing old, my dear. We all are"
The last time I checked I was still 20

Does listening to Diana Krall and Tori Amos and "The way you look tonight" (Tony Bennett NOT Elton John!) mark the turning of age... the beginning of silver hairs? Will I soon have to admit that I no longer listen to Hitz.fm but keep my car radio permanently tuned to Light and Easy? Ok, ok! I fess up! I DO listen to Light and Easy... because I find Hitz too loud. Have mercy on this poor old lady won't you?


Walk down the halls
Where I once used to be
I'm certain of here
In my memory
Time has sprinkled dust
Dust and grime
But has never put out
The sunshine
Remember this old bench
Remember this tree
Where under its shade
I find my old me
I've travelled far but
It's been with me
In my dreams and my mind
While I watch the rain
Cause I know

Another unfinished poem. I think I was thinking about my primary school days when I wrote it. I was feeling old then, just as I do now. I didn't purposely chose this poem, it just... happened.