Thursday, February 19, 2004

Want a good study companion? Mine's Diana Krall. Khim Nyang introduced her to me when we were back in TCHBS and for many, many late nights she would croon away while I fell asleep over further math tutorials in the darkness of my room with only the silent spotlight from my desk lamp focused on my exhausted face and the musical campfire on my Winamp flickering away.

Right now, I think I really shouldn't be listening to her... especially not when she's singing things like:

I get along without you very well,
Of course I do,
Except when soft rains fall
And drip from leaves, then I recall
The thrill of being sheltered in your arms.
Of course, I do,
But I get along without you very well.


Everyone from Ruby to Choon Sern asks if I'm still missing... sometimes I forget I am... but most times I wish I wasn't...

I've forgotten you just like I should,
Of course I have,
Except to hear your name,
Or someone's laugh that is the same,
But I've forgotten you just like I should


Do you know what that's like? Seeing or hearing something you would have cried laughing over... and then remembering you're not there to see or hear it... (especially when I walk into a flock of fat English pigeons and they waddle away from me, pigeons are no different the world over!)

Should have continued to listen to the Church of Latter Day saints songs as Lionel suggested instead of switching over to Diana Krall. Mormon music most normal... I think...
-------------------

In other less melancholic (sounds like an addiction to melons) news...
My ODAC junior, Suh Yueh, arrived yesterday evening, stayed a night in my room and is now off on a bus to Glasgow for a 15 minute interview. Medics are so sad... they have to fly thousands of miles to be interviewed while the rest of the simple people just have to write that UCAS essay and sit back and wait. She'll be back on Monday for another interview at Imperial. My friends are not creating the best impression. No, really...

--------------------

am freezing my little pink toes off! eeps!