Thursday, February 12, 2004

This candle is burning at both ends, but it always ends with a lovely glow... Here's a log of yesterday -

Woke up at 7 30am... wide awake, but too early to be out of bed and mobile... go back to sleep
Woke up at 8 30am... aaargh! sleepy... WTF? Labs begin at 9!!!
3 hours of laborious agony in labs... actually fell asleep standing up while Prof. Tom Tate was trying to explain timing transistors in front of me
1 hour of software engineering... made an entire row of 2nd years get up for me to crawl into the middle of the row... spilt my hot chocolate on one of them in the process... Andrew, my senior, shakes his head and says, "Charlotte, you can't do this next year, you know"... Nir and Rich tell me to stop being a geek and reading the entire lecture in 10 minutes... I ignore them and promptly fall asleep
Half an hour for lunch... made tortellinis in record breaking time!
2 hours of optional Java Lectures... still managed to fall asleep (and it's not as if I didn't get enough sleep the night before!!)... Liam Madden is gonna think twice before giving me any more A pluses the next coursework, especially when I blatantly snoozed off in the middle of his explanation on inheritance
Rush back to get changed for dikir barat... take a self declared half hour break and then run back to the Union for dance practices
One dance just blends into another... from bhangra to contemporary to dikir...
At 6 30, Soha and I plead with Colgate (I don't really know what his name is!) for a half hour break to get something to eat... run back to hall... eat what ever is left of the apple crumble desert... then run back to Union
2 hours spent at International Night tech rehearsal... it was a good show if only I wasn't constantly worrying about my loose pants falling off...
Finally crawl back to Linstead at 9:30... but as I was halfway through dinner had to go back down to open the door for Suraya and Julian so they can store the huge heavy gong in my room (which is now staring at me)
Decide that it's about time I ended my day at 10pm... and go off to take a shower... come back to my room to find a present on my table... "Oh damn," I tell Kristina, "I think I know what it is!"... "Looks like a piano book", Kristina says... "And if I find out it's the right one, I'm gonna kick myself for telling him I was going to buy it!", I say...
and it IS! Les Miserables Piano Solos!!! (albeit the one I was going to buy was Piano, Vocal and Guitar). I'm so ecstatic I completely forget how tired I am and how much work has been piling up on my table... I just run down to the dining hall to try it out! Busy busy days don't end better than this!

Sometimes I'm amazed you actually listen to what I say. I told you I was going to get it for myself... and you HAD to get it for me! A month late for my birthday, but possibly my best present this year (despite the minor glitch of it being the wrong book, and I didn't notice it myself till I started playing) it was still incredibly sweet of you! Thank you!!!

Tomorrow my vegetarian and fish diet begins. I know it isn't Lent yet, but I've got to account for the Vienna-Switzerland-Germany trip where I don't intend to be vegetarian when there are German sausages to be tasted!