Friday, February 06, 2004

I'm staring at my desk.

Somewhere in room 427 is a very empty desk belonging to Salman, with a placard on it that reads "A clean desk is a sign of an insane mind". Wonder what my desk says about me.

A good 3 quarters of my desk is covered with... well... stuff! On one side is my phone, my desk lamp and my cup. On the other side is my laptop. And somewhere in the middle is an ever-growing stack of papers and plastic folders which I assume is work because I've put post-its on some of them with "SORT OUT BEFORE EASTER HOLIDAYS!!!" written in big bold fonts.
Verdict: A sure sign of a procrastinator who loves using post-its

The the little space of wall infront of my desk is covered with post its too. Alot of them say "Things to do" and "Things to do SOON" and "Things to get done NOW!!!". A few more have formulae and theorems on them. One particularly colourful one has logic tables on it. Another has the number for Chinese takeaway (v.v. important!) and yet another one says "Easter Hol's Research: BERLIN".
Verdict: I am definitely obsessed with my post-its

My left shelf is my food and personals shelf. My breadsticks, honey and teacup is carefully arranged just the way I like it. My lotions and creams and lip balms are carefully stacked in order. A japanese box that I made when I was 13 holds all the odds and ends that end up on my desk. A porcelain candle holder with my name on it, which Ruby bought for my birthday sit's prettily on the shelf. And all my religious items (glow in the dark crucifix, piata, holy water, divine mercy picture, rosary lie quietly in a corner). A tiny little box holds stuff from Greg that I'm slowly storing to put away... that too sits quietly, very quietly, in a corner.
Verdict: I've marked my desk with my own personality...

My right shelf is my academic shelf. All my text books sit prettily arranged from short to tall... did I mention that they just sit there? Once in a blue moon I pull one off the shelf to stare blankly into their crisp pages while I scratch my head in bewilderment...
Verdict: It just looks like I'm working hard... but I obviously am not. After all I'm here blogging when I should be reading up on analogue electronics.

My top shelf is quite foreign to me. That's where all my files are stacked... and once something goes into a file, it means I probably won't see it until final exams are around the bend. My lab booklets are also on the top shelf... banished there as a punishment for tormenting me. Once in awhile I do visit my top shelf to grab more sheets of A4 paper or foolscap... but I try not to reach for anything above the height of my head if I can help it.
Verdict: Lazy bugger...

I'm rambling... I should be shot!