Friday, February 27, 2004

Played such a good trick on Ruby on Wednesday night. Don't know why I forgot to blog it. Possibly because I'm still cowering in my room avoiding Ruby (whom I've noticed has been using the phrase "fuck you!" rather liberally since that night...)

But believe me, it was worth it!

And it was so simple! The only props: Farhad's 2 walkie talkies. One cunningly hidden under Ruby's bed when Sachit, Farhad, Kristina and I burst into her room singing Happy Birthday (why Ruby never questioned the randomness of it all was a great advantage) and the other in Farhad's hand... waiting for the clock to strike 1 (Ruby's so good. She's always asleep before midnight.)

So at 1am, Rich, Eric, Adrian, Avik, Farhad and Sachit come knocking on my door and dragging me ("You came up with the idea and you're in way too deep now... you can't just quit now!") and Kristina ("What? You helped us plant the walkie talkie too... so you get in there!") out of our room and into Rich's room. Sachit, camcorder in hand, is stationed outside Ruby's door while the rest of us stifle laughs and giggles while Farhad starts moaning into the walkie talkie. As Farhad starts to reach orgasmic heights... Ruby bursts out of her room and all we can hear in the corridor for awhile is the liberal use of "WTF?". I don't know how Sachit explained the camcorder he was holding, but he must have because Ruby soon went back to sleep.

15 minutes later, Kristina and I swapped places with Sachit... but this time the guys were having a field day portraying noises from every horror movie they'd ever watched. It wasn't long before Ruby burst out of her room again... clearly annoyed and peppering her sentences with more expletives. No one says a word... but Farhad gives it all away by giggling in the kitchen. (You idiot!)

Ruby goes back to sleep, but by this time everyone's bundled in my room and Rich is doing an impression of me in my pink scarf and teddy bear bag. They soon find the dikir barat gong and more evil misuse of the walkie talkie ensues (Sachit makes really really eerie high pitched screechy noises... if anyone's interested in hiring for a new horror movie...). Suddenly a beep resounds from the walkie talkie. "Oh shit! Ruby's found it!"... Farhad's really scared now ("What if she throws it out the window???"). Not daring to go retrieve it everyone just sits in my room and bullies me... and finally leave at 2 something.

Don't really know if anyone's dared to approach Ruby for the other walkie talkie... Doesn't help that all of us are also on her guest list for her birthday party at Opium tomorrow...