Friday, February 13, 2004

Just woke up from an absurd dream where I was buying carrot cake from some makcik who refused to take my money and made me run and hide before her old mother found out she'd given it to me for free... I will refrain from eating whole garlic baguettes before sleeping next time.

Woke up to Sachpal's scathing e-mail. Live a little, bhai! Let the little people have their Valentines Days and RM5 a stalk roses and plastic, consumer-ridden romances... even if some Ah Beng wants to drive all 600km to Cameron Highlands and back just to give 214 roses to some Ah Lian who already has a boyfriend and then publicise to the entire nation that he only paid RM408 for it when it would have cost RM2000 (hmm... like lionel said: wah... telling the whole country he's a cheapskate) let them be, dear, let them be... it drives the economy anyway! (you dunno what I'm talking about ah? Read here lor...)

I want to be celebrating Valentines Day, and NOT by rehearsing 3 dances from 10am till 5pm in the Union Dining Hall. 21 years of living and I've never even been on a proper Valentines Day date! I want to do the whole believing the whole world is in love bit. I want to be given at least 1 flower which will not be a rose because he will know I don't like roses. I want to be given a tiny momento gift that isn't chocolates because he will know I don't eat chocolates. I want to be taken out to dinner, somewhere nice and quiet and he will let me split the bill. I want to be taken to see Big Fish even if it's not his type of movie and he won't make fun of me if I cry at the end.

And it'll be highly unsurprising if I find myself cooking dinner for 10 people again tomorrow night... Happy Valentines Day to all!

ps: I'll miss you tomorrow, but I know you'll be happy... *hugs*