Saturday, May 31, 2003

Aargh!!! Hit Me Baby One More Time is playing incessantly on the PS2! My sister and her friends are jumping around on some PS2 dance mat thing, and I swear that Britney Spears' back is feeling the brunt of all my curses right now, because I cannot force feed a chapter on Labour Markets into my head in one hour when a ghastly sore-throaty "Oh baby, baby" is resounding from down stairs!!! My MP3 player is also on a vengeance today. Too lazy to configure a playlist, I've let it randomly pick songs off my entire list, and today it's gotten addicted to N*Sync and 98 Degrees!! I'm tired of pressing the 'next' button. Now it's playing Dido... and that's really depressing. I like Dido at any other time. But 4 days before an Economics paper? That's suicidal.
Song reverberating through my head at the moment is Gordon Lightfoot's 'If you could read my mind'. Catchy in a melancholic way...

Look again

Notice…
That the sun rises a little higher now
The grass blades painted a brighter shade of green

Unknown before…
The sweet morning song of sparrows
The soothing lilt of the wind

Smile now…
At the joyful dance of raindrops
And the taste of sweet air on the tip of your tongue

Look now at the same world
Standing on the other side of the looking glass
With the sun on your side, we are one…

The first step is always acceptance.