Saturday, July 30, 2005

glibbleblubbledish...

I laughed when I woke up this morning. I had the weirdest dream!

I dreamt of Odac!

Batch xvii to be exact. It wasn't what I was dreaming about, but just dreaming about batch xvii, that's really strange. I haven't dreamt about them since I left JC, but for the first time in a long time I saw all of you there! I think we were camping somewhere as usual, and I was doing my usual boh liao secretary thing, trying to register all of us for something by regurgitating all 19 of our full names and details off the top of my head, and Luke was telling me to hurry up or something to that effect. I think he even tried to snatch away the list to write it up himself!

And no, I don't remember all our details off the top of my head. Not anymore.

A short while later Raymond's girlfriend calling all the way from Singapore reeeeally woke me up, bright and early at 8am! So by the time Chien Liq called at nine-something, I was wide awake and reading the IEE review. Aargh! I have no life to be reading engineering magazines early in the morning.

CL arrived at our doorstep 40 minutes later with all his South African baggage. We did the usual, story swapping, photo swapping, gossip swapping... and now he's on a plane back to Malaysia. That's REAL jet-setting for you!

Lionel and I would have gone to check out the village fete at the V&A but the weather was really moody today. Raining on and off. As London weather should. As London weather would.

I don't mind Saturdays spent lazily lounging around at home. It beats lounging around on weekdays when you really feel you should be doing something substantial. Its almost like I've been programmed to think a weekday is completely wasted if I haven't done anything tiring. Whereas a Saturday spent lazily chatting, reading, surfing, diving under the covers is worth every minute of it!

Lionel's booked us tickets to watch a football match next week (Spurs vs FC Porto). Yay! My first live football match ever! I'm such a footie virgin. I really wish I had bought that nike jersey that was on sale last week, now that I have a good excuse to wear it!

We're making plans to go to Cambridge too. See Fidel, we're making an effort to come and visit you! Can we go punting if the weather's good? I won't sink the boat, I promise!