Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Small mercies...

My mother woke up the entire house with her phone call at 8am. Apparently she had just received my results and was much too anxious to check with me the mark for a 1st class. After I reassured her that it was indeed a first class (*tiny whoop of joy*... very tiny because still very sleepy), she proceeded to read out all my individual marks which REALLY woke me up!

My best score was in Discrete Math and Computational Complexities??? 95??? Even I don't believe I did that!

Actually I should be happy to see any marks above 90 at all. Even the 80 for Software Engineering, after missing out on the last two chapters which I didn't know were there... I'm baffled. And I just scraped through with a 67 for Modern Literature & Drama, after writing the most awful essays! Thank goodness! I wouldn't know how to explain a plummeting average just because of a humanities course!

Discrete Math, Communications and Controls tops the list. Digital just managed to scrape through the 1st class mark. Everything else is as expected, even Dr. Nabar's nasty Stanford standard Signals and 'Seesteems'! (What an aliteration!).

Second year is finally over! Going back to sleep...