Friday, July 29, 2005

What's in a face?

Here's what I do on Monday mornings. I have really large inertia when it comes to switching from lazy hazy weekends to workaholic Mondays. I don't abhor Mondays, I just... can't seem to get into 3rd or 4th gear...

So instead of going into labs bright an early last Monday, I was surfing around, snooping into other blogs, reading my usual 'femes' blogger lists... and well, kennysia's introduction to www.faceanalyzer.com was just too tempting. I have since passed it on to Fidel (who I am beginning to suspect is a bigger narcissist than I am) and since he put up his analysis (what's the plural of analysis? analysi?) and so did a few others... here's my own analysis, for laughs. And when I say my own analysis, I don't just mean MY own face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first photo I uploaded is a classic one! My black and white, JC prom photo. Maybe slightly inacurate since it was black and white and not really a photo of my face alone.



So I tried looking for a photo of just my face, which is not very easy because I have lost a whole lot of photos taken before this year. But I found this one - back in my innocent (*snort*) boarding school days. 97% south east asian is a lot better than 100% Chinese in my books!



Alright, so the above is a really old photo, and doesn't really count. So I skimmed through the M-Nite photos and found this - taken right after M-Nite when I was just this close to collapsing from a mixture of exhaustion, elation, and pure sweet relief! I blame the race inaccuracy on the thick layers of make up!!!



Then I tried a really recent photo, and guess what? No difference. I'm crushed!



In a final desperate attempt I decided to go back to photo 1 and zoom in just on my face, and well, I'm quite happy with this analysis. (Just ignore the high gay factor... Amar, CL, no "I told you so"s)



I guess I can conclude that I'm either meant to be a white collar worker, or a beta academic. Wonderful. I'm almost there!

But enough about me. You can bet I didn't hesitate trying the face analyser on my dearest friends! Lionel didn't like this analysis of him, too 'mr. nice guy'



So I tried a more recent photo, which makes him look like a Sunni Arab after he shaved his head and got tanned under the Spanish sun. I think he looks more like the Dalai Lama, than a Japanese Emperor!



Here's Lu! I don't think he'll forgive me for using this photo from Chinese New Year, but not a bad one huh, Lu? Jay Chou, wei....



And of course we couldn't resist testing if Amar is really gay. I guess not. But we'd need more photos to make it really conclusive.