Thursday, July 07, 2005

So silly, should have made it clearer. Lionel's at Charing Cross hospital doing a research placement for the summer. But he's home now. They told everyone in the labs to go home if they had nothing left to do to avoid the traffic jam that was sure to build up. But even as they were leaving the jam had already started.

Lionel had to walk an hour to get home, in the rain, nonetheless.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are staying home and listening to the radio. My live BBC telecast has stopped working. BBC's bombarded right now. Plenty of varying news reports coming in. First they said it was 7 blasts. Now it seems there were only 4 confirmed explosions which occured on the lines in between 7 stations and well as a bus that exploded and its top was completely ripped off. BBC's website still only reports 2 official deaths, but radio news is bringing in numbers in the twenties. Several serious casualties, people with lost limbs and burn victims. I don't know if anymore people are still being evacuated out of the underground, the last I heard there were still passengers waiting to be evacuated.

There's little connection with the outside world, although telecommunication lines are slowly coming back to life, but its only understandable that they'd be all choked up. My only communication with anybody at all is through the Internet (and strangely through my 3G phone, why it only works at times like these baffles me!)

My mother has managed to speak to me and my father says to come home.

You never imagine you'd be in a situation like this. It's rather dream like. And not a nice one at all!