Monday, August 01, 2005

We're having primordial soup for dinner, honey? Is that ok?

Nothing makes me happier than waking up late, defrosting some chicken while I chat with Sugi and take a bath (not simultaneously), and then marinating it in some concoction that I will only know the results of when I see the look (grimace) on Lionel's face tonight.

I wish I didn't have to graduate with an engineering degree, aim for a 5 figure salary, and buy a Jaguar before earning the right to become a tai tai. I would just buy the Jaguar, with or without an engineering degree. But, I think I can do without knowing how to prove the Nyquist theorem in order to spend my lifetime doing simple, fulfilling things - like making chicken soup on a rainy day and sorting out the spice cabinet.

Oh, before I forget - Happy 21st Birthday Xiao Kai. Wishing you many piggy years ahead. One day the world will say "Yes, he was the greatest slut that ever lived". Only Shan'er would disagree. He'd say you were the biggest bitch alive. Ah, only you would know that insults are worth their weight in gold! Since you're always on the receiving end of them.

--------

We've been spending our weekends walking. In the beginning, it was because I couldn't bear to remain in the house that isn't ours, so he'd take me out, to run errands or just do nothing. We never really know where we're going to end up. It's always just "Let's go see this", or "I can't sit down after eating so much, let's go walk around". And then we'll wind up in King's Road dropping into Habitat and John Lewis and other home-making shops, wistfully wanting the comfy looking hammock and toe-snuggly rugs that cost an arm and a leg and half a kidney. Or we'll walk down Knightsbridge and laugh at the outrageously snooty things in the luxury rooms of Harrods and Harvey Nicholls, and sometimes I'd try them on for kicks. Or we'd walk from Edgware to Paddington, in search of a path we've never been down, just to see what it looks like, and wind up having dinner at Queensway. Or find ourselves on Regents Street where the discovery of Godiva chocolate milke shake (a dark, dark beauty) was made! The sun that never sets, only makes it easier. The autumn winds that are warning of the returning cold can't hold us back. We're going to make it all the way to Camden one of these days. We'll talk and walk and this will be the summer of our lives. Autumn will never come. Or so we believe.