Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Saturday and Sunday that comes before a Monday

The weekend is ending in an hour and a half, and I am just ready to knock off for the night! My feet are killing me, and I think my shoes have grown half a size smaller if that is possible.

I feel like I've been walking since Saturday afternoon, when we walked 20 minutes from Seven Sisters station to the Tottenham football stadium. Great seats, boring first half, amusing goals in the second half. I'm not a footie fan, but I now know the thrill of seeing a goal being scored before you very eyes and not seconds later on TV when you're getting munchies and miss the golden moment anyway. Understanding the offside rule will come later. That's advanced stuff.

After queueing halfway around the block to stuff ourselves into the Spurs store, we emerged pretty unscathed with a new cap for me and a new T-Shirt for the Spurs number one fan (who sits as calm as Buddha throughout the entire match!)

Then we made the long journey back to Kenway Road for the potluck dinner hosted by Xiao Yin. Loads of food. Too much food. But good food, nonetheless. However, maybe potatoes, pasta and all starchy stuff should be banned from pot lucks. It's really had to enjoy everything when you are stuffed after just 4 mouthfuls!

Today we wandered around and about Regents Park. By the time we reached the London Zoo it was too late to get in, and Lionel's camera had run out of battery. My camera worked like a charm. I love my little Olympus. Who needs those huge heavy-ass cameras when my little mju 300 and a bit of twiddling with Picassa will do the trick!

Photos to follow soon. I just need a long long nap now.