Saturday, January 17, 2004

Mind over matter... matter in this case being my unruly sleep cycle. Trying to force myself to stay awake past 9pm by watching Legally Blonde 2 (very puzzling plot, but as I said "the pinkness makes up for everything!"), then my first episode of South Park (limited animation somehow manages to provoke unlimited laughter!), Family Guy (ah... just screwed! bwahahahahahahaha) and Friends (season 8? only??? I'm sooo behind!!). My mind and body both finally gave way after 1:30am.
And now my body is acting like a reluctant kid who doesn't want to go to school. Dance practice at 10am. "Noooooooo!!! I can't dance! I don't want to dance! Dance is NOT my thing! Singing is my thing, not dancing! Acting is my thing, not dancing! Particularly not traditional dancing!!! But no one actually recognises that, do they? It's just - dump Charlotte in dance, because she's nice and doesn't complain much... singing? acting? sorry, that's for those who are chummy with us". Without trying to sound like a snob... I actually *cringed* when I listened in on the acting rehearsals. I'm sorry... but I'm an IC DramaSoc member. I've seen some of the best rehearsals, directing, actors and scripts right here in IC. And I know bad acting when I see it. So tell me why I didn't make the part again?
Nevermind, just shut up. Go practise your bhangra with Ayish (who's such a lovely person... and as we said, we'll run it the way WE want to next year). And then smile patiently when you have to imitate the all too flexible Chinese dancers, knowing damn well you'd rather be holding a guitar and singing "You Were Meant for Me".
It's possibly your own fault too. No one gets anywhere by being modest and suppressing your own talent or saying "yeah, she's really good... I think she's better than me". You get more things in this world by grabbing people by the collar and saying "shut up, listen and watch me! I'm bloody good at this!". *sniffle* I AM good... I'm just too shy to say so in real life!

*** later edit***
Back from dance practice!
I love bhangra! I do! Maahi ve *boom boom boom* maahi ve...
Think I'm also putting my head under the knife by auditioning for Absent Friends and A Little Hotel on the Side, both of which coincide with Malaysian Nite. Priorities... where are my priorities???