Wednesday, January 28, 2004

It snowed today
Beautiful light feathery snow
All over Beit quad
Sugar coating MSoc first years
Giggling and screaming
Shouting and squeaking (that's me!)
"It's snowing! It's snowing!"
Aiming and flinging
Crisp, packed snowballs
at my back
on my head
down my blouse
Just my blouse
because I forgot to put my coat and gloves on
Walking back in the snow
Pointing at the frosted white cars
Shuffling through the fluffy white streets
Catching snowflakes on my tongue
Blinking at the skies
as more flakes appear out of no where
catching me unaware
And the cries of first years
Filling Princes Gardens
"It's snowing!! It's snowing!!"
Snowballs whizz by
over my head
behind my back
in my ear!! Ouch!!
Amar, Alex, Darren, Lu and Lionel on one side
Vivien, Val, Ee Wen, Trinh, Ruby and me on another
It's a warzone out there
No one even remembers its dinner time
Not when
"It's snowing!! It's snowing!!"