Thursday, January 15, 2004

Listening to Tori Amos can be quite poignant, especially past 1am in the morning - when the rest of the world is sleeping and I'm sitting by the light of my desklamp writing up my lab report, pulling my cardigan closer, not daring to look into the darkness of my room, trying to ignore the beckoning of my warm bed, telling my rumbling stomach to shush, and all the while Tori is crooning into my ear... and I tell myself, I've got to make you listen to this:

... she's been everybody else's girl, maybe one day she'll be her own...
... i've been looking for a saviour in these dirty streets... looking for a saviour beneath these dirty sheets...
... excuse me but can i be you for awhile?...
... when you gonna make up your mind? when you gonna love you as much as i do?...
... in your eyes i saw a future together, you just look away in the distance...
... green limousine for the redhead dancing, dancing girl...
... sombody leave the light on, just in case i like the dancing, i can remember where i come from...

I'm not saying anything. I'm glad for your company. Really I am. Especially on late nights like these.