Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I realise I'm living in the University student's real world when:

I find myself eating cereal for lunch... because I haven't had time to buy proper lunch from Sainbury's (proper lunch meaning 8 min microwaveable pasta and soups)

I stop believing in lab demonstrators... as much as I have stopped believing in the tooth fairy. They demonstrate nothing apart from their great skill at giving a very different explanation from the next lab demonstrator. (I also believe one of the computing lab demonstrators is gay. He is bald, well toned and tells me things like, "Oh dear, I really can't fathom why this isn't working. Sorry, my dear" and blinks his enviously long eyelashes. I really should ask him what scent he's wearing. It's really quite snazzy yet floral.)

I stay awake in Communications lectures because Professor Pier Luigi Dracotti cracks me up everytime he says, "Letta me-a give you a flower of-a information" or "The Fourier transforms-a, yah? They are your-re bestest friend!" and not because periodic waves are in any way exciting.

The adrenaline to finish a coursework only kicks in the night before the deadline.

Taking naps are the only form of sleep I get.

Relaxing means watching an episode of Friends, Scrubs, Southpark or Family Guy.

Swear words have no more essence. They are just means of describing the latest coursework, assignment, tutorial or lecturer.

When all forms of electronic devices have personal vendetta's against you and not only do not work when you have a deadline... but just NEVER work at all!