Saturday, February 25, 2006

Work out or talk out!

Imperial's lovely new sport centre, Ethos, just opened a month ago and I've used it a grand total of two times (even though its free - every Malaysian's favourite word).

I've figured that going to the gym is pretty inefficient. Take yesterday. I spent 20 minutes on the treadmill. Then I spent 10 minutes talking to Lester. Then I did 3 sets of leg presses. Then I started talking to CL and Ashwin and Bryan. Then CL taught me to use the abs machines, and of course I talked more than I exercised. Then as I got onto the stairmasters, Chong Wai got on the one next to me, and you can guess it - more talking.

The only things I seem to be exercising in that gym are the muscles in my mouth.

I need a bigger gym where I don't bump into so many people I know.

I also need to get out of bed earlier and not fall asleep while reading about maximum likelihood estimators. But that's completely irrelevant.