Monday, February 06, 2006

Viva Le France!

I'm blogging because I'm suffering from information overload.
I'm blogging because I realise I have tried to be, no not politically correct, but politically quiet over all controversial Malaysian events and there's a boiling rage within me waiting to erupt. Yet my wish to remain a model scholar, representing one of Malaysia's public listed glories means imposing this self censorship.
I'm blogging because I'm worried about my future. I once told a board of interviewers that I would never become an academic because I felt there was something more I had to do. I had to change my country for the better. They were a professor, a CEO and a Managing Director, and they didn't laugh at me. I think I may have gone off track and failed.
I'm blogging because I just don't know I want to do anymore.


On a less depressive note - I'm catching the Eurostar to Paris this weekend for a Valentines/Birthday/too-much-free-time getaway. I haven't revisited Paris since I was about this high (points to shoulders) and have only very vivid memories of the Louvre and my brother crying over not being able to finish seeing all the Egyptian sarcophagi. He also cried when we had to leave the dinosaurs at the Natural History museum. I fear I'm not very good for his reputation.