Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunday brings, sunshine and nice things...

I took a chance today.

And joined Odac Batch XVI for lunch at a floating Dim Sum restaurant in Canary Wharf. I'm always apprehensive about joining my seniors for outings because, well, as much as I enjoy the company of Batch XVI (Lester Loi included) there's still my inability to be much of a conversationalist and click with them and yeah, I still think of Nick and Bok as scary BTC camp commandants. And I also happen to be busy or out of the country everytime they've tried to invite me. But today I decided on a whim that I had nothing better to do, and all in all it was great fun and Nick and Bok don't seem so scary anymore. I've even been made an honarary member of Batch XVI seeing that all of my batch has rejected me and gone to the states.

Just sitting in Cafe Nero with them, talking and talking, made me really miss the Odac days, sitting in Macs, talking and talking. And there are just things you understand and a language you speak that no one else in the world does, because you're Odac. And the horrified look on Teresa's face when Lester took a bite out of his char siew pau before we'd said "Odac jiak" was priceless!!! The traditions make no sense now and yet it's heartfelt when they are kept.

Got back to Earl's Court in the evening where CL, Yi Shan and Wei obligingly kept me company for dinner - CL's treat at Addie's Cafe! (Citigroup had better treat him well) At the rate I'm bringing people to Addie's Cafe I think they should offer me some sort of commission! I just only managed to shoo them out of my house a few minutes ago, after they devoured a mango, bullied the iDog and took turns with Lu's PSP.

I hate posts which detail every little thing I did in a day, but I had a really great day and I think it should be remembered just in case another great day doesn't come by for awhile. Oh what the heck, I'm clicking on 'Publish Post'.