Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Blog whores and repentance

I'm sorry I called Hugo a whore today, because he accused me of doing things just so I can write it up on my blog just like he does.

Then again, maybe I called Hugo a whore because I wanted something to blog about today.

Nah!

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, which marks the start of 40 days of Lent. Sandip accused me of not knowing that today is Shrove Tuesday being the ignorant Christian that I am. "It's in the Bible!" Well, I checked and it isn't. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying Pancake Tuesday while the rest of the world celebrates and revels in sin at Mardi Gras. Alright, to be fair it's just New Orleans and they are trying to get back on their feet after Hurricane Katerina.

When I finally decide what I'm giving up for Lent, it'll be Easter. I'd give up red meat but that idea didn't sit well with my housemates and there's this very lovely packet of chilli bak kua that Lionel just brought back from Singapore. Oh, the dilemmas in my life!