Sunday, February 05, 2006

Birmingham





Birmingham is so eclectic. The big Nike billboards flanking Queen Victoria's statue and St. Philips Cathedral standing shoulder to shoulder with the bulge of silver goosebumps that is an extension of Bullring's shopping centre is just... something. I don't like it, neither do I abhore it.

Together with a busload of SingSoc members, we spent half a morning in Cadbury World. The biggest irony of the day might have been that I don't like chocolate, but that was eclipsed by the one month supply of bubblegum I bought at the Cadbury souvenir shop or the several trips I made to the free flow supply of chocolate dipped fudge. I didn't eat the chocolate. Just the fudge.

Upon arriving back in London, I rushed to Chinatown for MSoc's CNY dinner. It wasn't my lucky day, being the only third year female there and having to fend off Tao and the other hungry third year guys from my share of the food. And lord knows, I'll miss them when there's no one to fight for food with next year.