Sunday, December 14, 2003

Strange things happen around Imperial College Halls when you stay up playing mahjong till 3 in the morning -

This morning I was
a) incessantly annoyed by some Taiwanese girl playing the same Mozart Sonata phrase over and over and over and over and over... (I have no personal vendetta against the Taiwanese... I WILL however bear a grudge should you decide to torment me by repeatedly playing Mozart... very badly!)
b)presented the opportunity to watch a real quad run (i.e. some idiot who has lost at table football running around the quad stark naked). It was rather disturbing that Alex was rather engrossed in watching the nudie guy instead of his mahjong tiles.
c)watching the strangest of hall residents walk in at various late hours of the night. The least expected ones (i.e. the guardians of the study table and keepers of the sacred notes) kept on walking in even later...
d)entertained by Jaq whacking Amar's ass at fencing again.

******

My parents have vehemantly insisted that they should celebrate the 21st birthday of their first born. When I was just a wee lass I looked forward to my 21st birthday with some kind of debutante gala in mind. Presently I can't give a damn. I just want a gathering with my friends as has become some sort of Amanian tradition. It was surprising to hear Choo lamenting when I initially thought of scrapping it for my 21st. However let me quietly turn 21 next year without the pomp and grandeur, please? Why do I get the feeling my mum will get her way like she always has for the last 20 years?

******

If there are several things I would like to see in my Christmas stocking this year it would be
1. Les Miserables Piano Score
2. A hat like Eponine's which I really need now that my ears are almost frostbitten
3. Nothing in PINK!!!