Friday, December 19, 2003

A cab is arriving to take Fong May and me to the airport in another 2 and a half hours.

I bumped into Ollie as I entered halls after my very last assessment for this term (nay! This YEAR!).
"Are you going home, Ollie?"
"Yeah man! Just gonna catch the bus home"
"Oh! That's lovely... I've got a 13 hours flight ahead of me"
"Where are you going? Halfway around the world and back?!!"
"No... just back to Malaysia"

When a term comes to an end suddenly everything seems so significant. As we sat down for dinner last night and realised it was going to be the last dinner of the year together. As we walked to Odeon to watch Return of the King - last movie of the year. As we sat in Amar's room until 3am, talking and drinking champagne, campari, gin... not wanting to leave because we won't get to do this again until next year.

Next year... it seems like a couple of months... not just 3 weeks away before I arrive back in cold, freezing London on my 21st birthday. And I will miss all of you, surprisingly! Ruby, Cheryl, Trinh, Kristina, Soha, Lionel, Amar, Lu, Yi Shan, Fong May, Alex, Val, Ee Wen, Choon Sern, B Landers... people that have been keeping me alive for the past 11 weeks!