Friday, December 12, 2003

I really hope pretending to be happy isn't a mental disease... or what Jason used to refer to as living in De Nile.

I've been leading a rather hedonistic life since the end of Christmas tests. A stack of unread notes is piling on my table. Bright red neon lights flash in my head randomly with the words "ORAL LAB PRESENTATION!!!" or "PROGRAMMING TEST ON TUESDAY" or "DRIVING TEST ON MONDAY, DAMMIT!". But it's easy to become blind to it... life in University halls churns out the best of people doesn't it?

Linsteadians just returned from the Christmas boat cruise about 2 hours ago, experienced a fire alarm an hour ago, and now I still have that feeling as if I'm bobbing up and down like a little dinghy on a windy day. It is fun to play dress up once in awhile, to stare dissapointedly at the finger food we paid 10 pounds for, to dance crazily in 3 inch heels and a tight dress, to play bridge while the rest of the boat is partying... just like back in the ODAC 'construction' days, to be freezing to death out on the deck and admire the view of London from the Thames (which was marred by the presence of Killian and Luke mooning the pier!), to try walking back from South Kent station in almost blistered feet and then raid Amar's chocolate stash in his room.

Tis a crazy life I'm living and I'm loving every moment of it. I just wish you were part of it too...