Thursday, August 21, 2003

Yesterday... (after telling Grace my Econs results)

Grace: HAHAHA honey, this means... that you're really an arts student at heart.
Me: no! no! no! i'm a science student... i really am! *sniffle*
Grace: *pat pat* there there.... it's all right, you can come out of the closet now you know

-----------------

Am currently browsing through my Freshers' Handbook. It says I'm allowed to study a humanities subject as a credit-bearing component of my degree programme at Imperial. I'm now stuck in a rut. There's an amazing range of musical activities... but I'm not very confident of my music skills anymore. My piano no longer sings... it sulks! - its own way of punishing me for not practising over the past 2 years.
There's a visual arts programme which includes artist-in-residence projects... Yay! That means all year round displays from visiting and residential artists. Yippee!
And then there's the Humanities Programme. I want to take modern literature and drama as one elective, but someone has got to help me decide between philosophy, art and nature and creative writing. Help?
And best of all I can take evening classes in a foreign language. Will probably give French a go again. Maybe brush up on my Mandarin too (going all the way to London to learn Mandarin must be the daftest thing anyone can possibly do... but doing daft things is fast becoming a trademark of mine).
So much to think about before I leave... a penny for my thoughts, anyone?