Monday, August 04, 2003

Am suffering from weekend hangover... thus resulting in Monday blues. I can never function properly on Mondays. I wake up wondering where the hell I am and what is that stupid ringing sound coming from my clock?? I then end up at the office thinking what a miracle it is that I didn't crash my car on the way and try to clear the fuzziness in my head with a cup of too-sweet milo. I can't take coffee... it does weird things to my entire system... which already goes bonkus on Mondays. The labs are too cold, the work is too monotonous, the powerscopes make me nauseous, the lamps are making me dizzy...

The trip down to Singapore was my great getaway from everything in KL. Odacia was fun. Meeting with batch mates, seniors, juniors, the ancient ones... you can't help feeling as if you never left RJ at all! It feels good to know that there are some things that are still constant even when everything around you is changing. Greg will still be showing off at the rock wall. Xinyi will still leave her things around for us to hide. Batch XVII girls will still find it difficult to get all five of us together for a girl photo. Certain people will still be making ngai zai jokes. Sarah will still be loud and on. Leroy will still be more energetic than the 9 batches after his. Batch XVII will still be trying to prove their worth on the floorball court (albeit we ARE getting old and out of touch, and I nearly died after only 2 minutes!).

Discovered that clubbing isn't my cup of tea, or coffee, hot chocolate... or even milo. Loud, wild, brazen scenes just aren't my thing... as Greg, Anu and Sugi rightly predicted. There really isn't any point in dressing up for it when nothing but white shows up under UV lights. I don't get house music at all... and well, there were reasons why my ballet teacher asked me to drop ballet, so dancing... or rather bopping to the beat... is just not for me either. Alcohol had absolutely no effect on me... felt as sober as when I woke up that morning... but that's probably because I didn't drink enough. Verdict? Clubbing is over-rated! I'll stick to my quiet little cafes, with my simple hot cocoa with gallons of whipped cream and tiramisu cakes! mmmmm....

Had more fun meeting up with the Charm, Sherene, Baa and Venki... who all had seriously interesting stories to tell. *ahem* Strange things are happening at NUS!

Some holidays feel so packed and yet too short... you never do get to do everything you want to do... If I could, I'd want to walk down every path on memory lane, just in case I never return again... but wishful thinking is a terrible fault of mine. I'll be back soon, I hope!