Thursday, August 21, 2003

Happiness is always short lived. This morning I stepped into the office with a big smile on my face. Now I'm slowly counting down the minutes till 5:30pm (19 more to go) while hiding in my office cubicle trying to remain as invisible as possible. Meanwhile (I suspect) some rather angry operators some 700 metres away in the production line are looking high and low for me.

Sigh...

I really didn't mean to break the wedge on the ball shear machine. I am very very aware (I was reminded at least 3 times last week) that it costs USD 200 to replace the damn little wedge (which measures less than a cm in height and less than 5 mm in width). And I really did not cause the die to crack on purpose thus chipping the wedge which now cannot be used anymore thus rendering the entire machine unusable. *sniffle*

However, when I mentioned this to my engineer supervisors, I merely received a shrug of shoulders and anecdotes on the many times *they* had spoilt the machine, (and not just on one occasion). The engineers' nonchalence is not helping to soothe the operators' anger though... they are still grumbling at me for the broken link in the production process...