Thursday, August 07, 2003

The Motorola Trainee's Week: From Bungee Jumping Into Hell and Back Again...

Monday
A blood curdling scream fills the air.
"It's the damned ovens! They're using it for production! I'll never get to use them! My precious ovens! ... my precious..."
"psst.... Li Ling's having Monday Daymares"
"AND nightmares... the ovens haunt her after sunset"

Kavi proudly produces his MC and medication
"Monday symptoms? AGAIN??"
"Hey! I it takes alot of effort to work for my MC ok?"
The hands of the office clock obstinately remain stationary (stationery? I can never get this right!)
"Huh?" wail "It's only 10:30?"
After an eternity
"What? It's only 10:35??"
"Save us the suspense, Charlotte"

Tuesday
"Is it Wednesday today?"
"Don't get our hopes up, Charlotte, it's only Tuesday"
"Damn!"
"Where were you during break?"
"I didn't get one! At 9:30 my supervisor said 'Lets go!' and instead of heading to the cafeteria, we went to the line! She tricked me! She did!"
"It's just not your day"
"WHEN is it MY day?"
"Never... and if I were you I wouldn't eat that second piece of chicken... haven't you got to use the scopes later?"
"Oh NO! I'm going to puke in the line if they make me use the scopes!"
"Well, that's the spirit! Contaminate the line and we'll all get half the day off!! Yay!"
Images of trainees doing a jig while I puke in the line runs through my head...

** shall finish this later... after I get inspiration from watching Li Ling wrestle the operators for the ovens... **