Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Somedays I really wonder if I'm just part of an elaborate joke. Dear Lord, You must have a really good sense of humour judging by the shocks You put me through everyday, Amen!

Early this morning I unassumingly walked right into a lunch treat given by my boss for all the engineers who had toiled for weeks on the Low K project. I cannot for the love of apple strudels remember what I contributed to the project, however I wasn't going to pass up a free lunch at Sheraton hotel just because I was vaguely (ok, extremely) doubtful that I had lifted a finger for the Low K project at all!

I was on my way to the cafeteria to tell Li Ling and Kavi about my third office lunch treat since I started working here when I got side tracked by one of the young fresh grads working as a permanent staff in the supply management department... and got asked out to lunch on saturday! "Erm, sorry... I won't be free this Saturday. Really busy trying to grow up first, you know?"
OK, I didn't really say that... just in my head, but when someone more than 5 years my senior is asking me out to lunch I hear warning bells, alarm bells, ambulance sirens and my mother nagging me (actually I hear that all the time!) from all angles. Creepy!