Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Try rockin' a scarf and hat look indoors

My heater hasn't been working since the start of term. Which was perfectly alright

until the weather decided to plummet into sub-zero temperatures for the first time this year. I can't find enough layers to put on without looking like a polar bear.

Frances, the nice housekeeper, was kind enough to send me a teeny little radiator to keep me company. I've never had one of these before (yea, I'm lucky, I've always had really good heating), and so I plugged it in and let the lovely warm air thaw my icy cold butt. I had a mild scare when it turned itself off after half an hour and I wasn't able to resuscitate it, but as I began to write this post it came back to life again. I am quite tempted to work on my bed now, which is nearer to the little radiator and other warmer things like duvets and pillows and fuzzy teddy bears and zzzzzZZZZZZZ...