Friday, January 05, 2007

Back to school

Spring term starts in T-4 days. I'm afraid my laptop is going to die before that. The sounds coming from the cooling fans are not reassuring. This is why you should trust IBM processors above AMD Athlons. Oh well, little Fujitsu, you have served me well for two years. Just live on for another 6 months more, won't you? I promise not to overload you with Matlab simulations. Even if that means staying in the EEE labs for longer hours.

In the meantime, these last 6 months are going to be one long hurdle. Somewhere within me my academic spirit is broken and I feel like I've been studying for a century. My little tasters of the world outside are making me impatient and I know I'll be counting down each and every day till I can take these shackles off and don that black gown.

It doesn't help that almost everyone near and dear to me is done with studying for good (almost!). 6 months. That's all I have to wait for. Although it's probably closer to wait for Easter holidays in 3 months time when Lionel comes to London again to have something to look forward to. Usually I want time to slow down, but now I've never wanted time to go by faster.