Friday, March 19, 2004

This is my management essay question (due in 12 hours and 30 minutes):

'Critically examine the linkages between motivation and reward'

Currently I'm not very motivated to write this. It's bad enough I'm already stuck at 146 words (I need to make it to 1000 by 3pm). And I'm not doing this for the reward (how is writing an essay that accounts for 30% of your grade a reward???). I'm doing this out of the sheer terror of failing this course!

And I just can't kick start my writing engine. Hell! The last essay I remember writing was a badly written Chinese one for Mandarin class. The last time I wrote something that was more than 500 words in English was for my GP paper more than a year ago! (And it couldn't have been very good since I didn't get an A for GP!) And in the midst of calculating fourier series and analysing transistors, these jokers expect me to come up with a 1000 word essay? Hell! I'm an engineer! I'm not supposed to be able to string a sentence together!

------------------------------

I'm getting obsessed about my tulips. Someone will have to forcefully stop me from mothering them too much. I practically check on them every 10 minutes, just in case they decide to die while I'm not looking. I've resisted from changing their water again. I've checked that the heater isn't causing them too much strain umpteen times today. And I've just got to stop misting them. I haven't gone to the extent of chatting with them though.

I've got a penchant for killing plants, of all shapes, sizes and colours, but I've been warned not to ill treat these ones. Lets see if they'll make it through the weekend.

On the otherhand, Kristina's palm plant is looking good! It can't be too easy to kill a palm, even for me!

----------------------------

Will be attending LSE's MSS night tomorrow. You guys had better make it worth my time because I could be doing lots of important things. Like... erm... well... I was about to say studying, but lets not go there...
I'm sure you guys will be great!