Monday, March 15, 2004

Only 6 days more to General Elections. Barisan National is doing well. Die, PAS, die! I still bloody cannot vote, because bloody Malaysian embassy still not bloody replying my email on registering as a voter. Complaints to daddy (the civil servant and defender of entire government) not working... instead got told off for not remembering to register while still in Malaysia.

Result's of the previous night's photo shopping in Amar's room were not quite what we expected. The four of us culprits are treading very carefully around Lu. 18 years olds are quite emotional these days... or we've just forgotten how turbulent being 18 could be.

Must repeat to self several times - staying up till 3 30 am just talking is highly detrimental for academic health! Must keep EVERYONE out of my room for the next week. Owning a double room all to myself is NO EXCUSE for the Linsteadians to use it as a communal after dinner meeting point or interrogation room!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ponning Management lecture right now - to start on my management essay. How ironic.

While sifting through my management notes, found little footnotes written in what must have been utter boredom. Here's what my mind tends to drift towards during management:

"Thinking of living a little on the edge
...
maybe with just 1 toe dangling off it"

"my new management lecturer looks gay.
Not only does he look gay, he looks completely out of place in a classroom full of engineers. He's got that Greg Kinnear look, business suit (without the elbow patches! whoa...), square rimmed glasses... and then he opens his mouth and out comes an Italian accent. Oh my! The corporate mafia has sent us a teacher"

"In management there are 5 types of power: reward, coercive, legitimate, referent and expert. Me? I have a false perception of power. I don't know how people see me as a leader but they still put me up there time and time again to take charge... idiosyncracies and all included. Define that professor"