Monday, March 08, 2004

The lull after M-Nite seems quite surreal. Its like waking up from a weekend that went by like a dream... a very nice dream, really. I couldn't picture a better way to end the whirlwind of late nights, painful feet and cold dinners. Going to Fulham to watch Big Fish the day before M-Nite was a breath of fresh air after realising I had only been travelling between Linstead Hall and Imperial College for the last 2 weeks! Seeing a Sainsbury's for the first time in 2 weeks was like being reborn again. Eating seafood hor fun (for only 3.90 quid!!!) and just talking, laughing, feeling relaxed without needing to remember if I had practised my dance steps... was just something! Thanks... I really needed the break.
Then hanging out in Amar's room till 6am in the morning after the show... we heard the birds start to chirp at 4am and by the time we went back to our rooms we could see little streaks of sunlight across the sky (if I looked high enough out of my window). I don't even recall the last time we just sat in someone's room and talked cock the whole night.
I woke up at 11am on Sunday morning and the first thing on my agenda was to visit the big Sainsbury's at Gloucester! I've missed it! And with a whole FREE Sunday afternoon in front of me I just felt I had to get out of Linstead, and so Lionel and I took a walk across Hyde Park to see the artists displaying their paintings on the park railings. We found a part of Hyde Park we'd never seen before, where ducks swim in stone fountains and rabbits were hopping about unassumingly and a dog was walking itself with its leash in its jaws. Then we walked back past the embassies to High Street Kent (the last time the Linstead gang had dinner at Wagamama on High St. Kent seemed like eons ago!). Followed with an Easter Holiday meeting in my room (our new common room since Kristina moved out), the day just seemed to go on endlessly with too much time to do too many things! The guys finally left at 2am after I fell asleep listening to the holiday plans.
And now I'm smacked face first into a new week, without any rehearsals... and it's just... just... surreal... (you're right! surreal is a really cool word to say...).

Elections around the corner. Quite determined to run for secretary. Do we foresee a Linstead domination of both the Malaysian and Singapore Society committees? Never can tell...