Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The powers of string-pulling that be!

My visa has been approved. I loved the look on the face of my interviewer when a letter signed by the deputy head of the American embassy consular was shoved under his nose. But in all fairness he was an incredibly nice guy who enthused with me about Berlin being one of the loveliest cities to visit in Germany and is so happy that I will be travelling to his hometown, Chicago!

I must say the day started out perfectly, when a nice girl called Mandy struck up a conversation with me while waiting for our interviews. She could have been really bitchy towards me seeing that I had cut her queue due to daddy's contacts at the embassy, but she was the warmest Malaysian I have met in awhile. It's amazing that in 20 minutes, she'd given me generous advice for starting out a career and working towards a life goal of some sorts. People like these shouldn't be met only once in your life... but it makes it all the more poignant.