Friday, September 23, 2005

Idol Fever

I've just done my part.

I expect it is only my patriotic duty to vote for the next Malaysian Idol, and I've never felt more Malaysian in doing so.

Oh well, better Malaysian Idol than Akademi Fantasia. I'm still eagerly waiting to see the outcome of the Kota Bahru Mawi-malady, or Mawilady for short.

Anyway, for the first time ever, I sat through the entire Idol finale and I am such a sucker for the underdog. Yeah lah, I voted Daniel. He's so adorable, I could take him home, give him a basket and teach him to roll over and play dead.

And is it me, or is Paul Moss trying to look like a cross between Sting and Phil Keoghan (of Amazing Race fame). There were times when I half expected him to get up on stage, look into the camera and say "In this leg of the race..."

But hey, the show isn't about Paul Moss (who sure did get his kicks tonight...). It's about talent, and Malaysia sure isn't lacking in that department. It's also about Malaysian spirit and a platform yet untainted by race or religion, nepotism or APs. This is something we can truly consider to be representative of a Bangsa Malaysia.

------------------------------------

I can't write much these days. I get sleepy early, and lazy to think.

Oh but I do want to add that I am still appalled at the propaganda promoting the teaching of firearms usage at NS camps as a good thing! Teaching 17 year olds to fire M16s will boost self confidence? Do these people actually listen to the words coming out of their mouths?