Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A quick dictation

I type faster than I write, and way faster than I think. To some extent that doesn't explain the dearth of emails I have written in the last two years, but it does explain my decrepit bloggability.

Anyway quick updates.

Singapore
Spent 5 days on the island meeting everybody with Lionel. And by everybody, I literally mean EVERYBODY. Maomao, Jac, Viv and JingYe at Chomp Chomp; Sherene, Venki, and Baa at El-something at Holland V; my guardian and family at Tanjong Pagar; my bro at Ang Mo Kio; my Dad at Raffles Place and Xiaokai, Haoxiang, Mel and Sherene and Venki (again) at Sakae Sushi (its almost a tradition for my last meal in Singapore to be Sakae Sushi every time!).
5 lazy mornings spent just watching tv with Lionel, bickering about who should take a bath first. Being able to watch The Kumars at No. 42 is a luxury, alright? 5 lazy nights also spent watching tv, or wandering around Chinatown, or just watching the entire Les Mis 10th anniversary concert. You can't help but be lazy when you've eaten sooooo much! Lionel will just have to explain to my mum when she questions the amount of weight I've put on!

Fresher's Camp
So sorry that we had to push Cheng Chun on to the bus. Otherwise it was a fairly uneventful drive up to Tapah, with CL at the helm, Tao providing much entertainment and Ayish, Tock and I in the backseat playing up to Tao's antics. Our detour to Bidor was found out when around 6pm the juniors were ringing us to ask if we were lost. So nice of them. We didn't even tar pow anything for them. Except 4 kg of jambu batu.
Fresher's Camp was different this year. Freshers were different. I'd say good job done, but things could have been better. But given some last minute change of plans in the situation, I'd have thrown a hussy fit if I were them.
Was just nice spending time with Msoc people. Watching Tao rake in the laughs. Spreading gossip. Making fun of everyone and everything. I hate to say it, but the 3rd years stole the show at the camp... much like a favourite grandparent - spoiling the freshers by buying them ice cream and warning them not to tell the 2nd years in case we'd ruined their dinner.

And the rest...
I cannot stand the weather right now. I hate the humidity, the mosquitos and hot steering wheels! I think all Malaysian drivers were taught to drive by their mothers. I'm within arms reach of my Cleo magazine but it's boring me to death. I need a good book. Any good book. Tash Aw's Harmony Silk Factory would be nice. Pretty please?